Thursday, September 19, 2002

Feelin' the love

You know they like you when they bake you cookies. My favorite time of the day is the moments before the dawn when I aim my 60 foot bus down 4th Ave to start my route to Magnolia. I love the first rays of the sun illuminating the peaks of the Olympics on the other side of the sound. Sunshine is such a precious commodity in this area. One of my regular passengers who join me when i make my trip into downtown heard I was only going to be on the route a week longer and made me some chocolate chip cookies! :-)

*sigh* I can't remember the last time anyone made cookies for me. In fact, I can't remember the last time anyone cooked for me period! Now that is what I call respect. A symbolic gesture? Perhaps. But one with so much more meaning than the platitudes that one gets in a cubicle job in some corporate hellhole.

Best damn cookies I ever ate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home