Sunday, April 13, 2003

Movies are a Good Thing

It was raining this morning and I needed a break from the world so I dragged myself downtown and sought refuge in a multiplex. I decided to catch a showing of Hayao Miyazaki's brilliant film, Spirited Away. I'm not a big fan of anime but I do like what I've seen and since this film had just won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, it sounded like just the cure for what ailed me.
What a brilliant, wonderful movie. Such incredibly rich storytelling! The DVD comes out Tuesday and I'm adding it to my collection for sure. I hope more people get a chance to see this as it did not enjoy one of those huge releases in American theatres. Knowing that there are creative people like Mr Miyazaki out there gives me some hope in a world that's desperately in need of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home