Friday, May 02, 2003

May is here

And I'm as lazy as ever. Should I feel guilty about not putting anything down for a couple of days? I'm not sure really. But hey I did manage to jot down 30 more trivial tidbits about myself and they're right here.

Truth be told, I've been tired lately. Since this week, I've been filling in for a collegue while he's on vacation meant waking up every morning at 4 am this week. I used to be a morning person but these days, I like sleeping in a bit.

I was asked today what I thought about Bush's chances of getting re-elected next year. Being the realist that I am, I predict that he will win in a landslide against some unnamed opponent. The sad truth is that there is no opposition in this country. The Democratic Party (the only alternative offered) is composed of spineless bastards who run and hide at the first sign of attack. Unless the Democrats can offer up a candidate who can stand up and fight back, they are doomed. I believe Bush's alleged popularity is a paper tiger. He can be beat but it will take some work and I don't think anybody is tough enough. Currently, only Howard Dean is showing any kind of potential. All in all though, it's rather depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home