Monday, September 23, 2002

Monday, Monday

From the shores of Lake Sammamish in the Great American Northwest, I bid you all a happy first day of Autumn and what a fine one it's been so far, beginning with the most amazing sunrise I've seen in some time. Seeing the silhouette of Mt Rainier slowly being illuminated by the sun's rays from Magnolia is quite a treat for the eyes. So to start things off (allright, it's 4:30 in the afternoon, not exactly an early start but it's the thought that counts, ok?), it's time to debut this Blog's first edition of the World Famous...

Promo Guy's Monday Mission Edition 2.38

PromoGuy runs a very intereting Blog that I stumbled onto while searching for Buffy spoilers and it was from reading his site and the dozens of links to other blogs that inspired me to start my own. Basically every Monday he presents a series of thought provoking questions to answer. So without further ado,

1. Do you like to drink warm beverages in the morning or do you prefer yours cold?

Please. I live in Seattle! I must have coffee or death will be the inevitable result. Coffee must be hot by nature. Give me my mug of Sumatra in the mornings and I'm good to go.

2. Have you ever been so upset with someone that you wanted to get revenge? What did you do? Or if you didn't, what would you like to have done?

There is an individual on this planet with whom I have been angry enough that I've wanted revenge. I"ve done nothing about it because my own ethical system prevents me from persuing a course of revenge but in my dreams, I've devised all sorts of painful forms of torture to inflict on this person.

3. Looking back, are there any opportunities you missed out on that you can see now but didn't realize then?

Back when I was a sophomore in high school, my father (an officer in the Air Force at the time) had a change of station which took him to Hawaii. When I went to visit him that summer, I had an opportunity to stay in Hawaii and attend a private school. I didn't get a chance to make my decision with a clear head because I was in love with a girl for the first time in my life and couldn't stand the thought of being without her so I opted to go back to Arizona and finish high school there. Of course, as luck would have it she broke up with me a couple months later anyway. So now many years later, I can realise that this was an opportunity missed.

4. Are there any clothes you refuse to throw away even though they don't (and never will) fit? Why do you keep them?

For the longest time, I had a leather jacket that my grandmother bought for me when I was 13 or 14. I kept it for years and years and I think I still have it lying around somewhere. I kept it because it was a cool jacket, although I've never owned a leather jacket since then.

5. Do you have an accent? Are there any phrases or words you say that tip folks that "you aren't from around these parts?"

Yes I do have an accent - an American accent. At least that's what I was told when I've visited other countries. But in terms of having a regional American accent, I don't know. Certainly if I visited the south, they'd know right away I wasnt' from their neck o' the woods. I've lived in every region of the U.S so I don't believe I've lived anywhere long enough to develop any sort of accent.

6. Are there any words folks misspell or incorrect uses of words that simply drive you insane?

When people misuse apostrophes, it drives me absolutely nuts! People confusing your with you're. Aggghh!

7. Are there any pet names that you like to be called? Any you don't? Do you (or did you) have any pet names for your partner?

No, no and no :-)

BONUS: Why you so fly?

Because I am.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home