Thursday, March 20, 2003

The Empire Strikes

I cried today.

I am ashamed and embarassed to be an American today. I take comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in this country in opposing this horrible invasion of another country, ordered by an unelected president. I'm angry that the 24/7 media coverage so far has shown not one opposing voice among all the military advisers and retired officers being paraded across the screens on CNN, MSNBC and Fox.

No one seems to care that innocent people are going to die. This isn't a video game on the tv screen. This is death raining down from American planes paid for by my and others' tax dollars.

And I'm being told to support "our troops". Well FUCK THAT. They are not MY troops. They do not represent me. My thoughts and hopes will be with the scared residents of Baghdad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home