Monday, September 30, 2002

Monday Mission 2.39

Better late than never, I suppose. Just no time in a very busy day to get things done. So sue me!

1. Who has authority over you?

Depends on the context I guess. Obviously in work, my operations chief at Metro has authority over me or the Coordinator when I'm on the road. But in terms of who has Ultimate Authority, than that would of course be me.

2. Where do you go to get a feeling of community?

I don't really feel like I have to go anywhere.

3. What do you do, or have you done, in your life that "goes against the tide?"

Wow, pretty lame questions here from the PromoGuy who usually is a bit more thought provoking than this but hey, everyone is entitled to a down day once in awhile I suppose. I don't really know what "the tide" is that is referred to here. Is this another way of asking if I'm a "rebel" or an "agitator" or a "non-conformist?" Hell if I know. Do I defy convention? Yes. Is that considered "going against the tide?" I don't know.

4. Have you ever used guilt to get you what you want? Have you ever had it used on you? How did you react?

Ah the art of manipulation. I think it's human nature to try to persuade people to our wills and I'm no exception to that rule. Yes it's been used on me and yes, like a fool, I've been susceptible to it as well. I've been called "gullible" in the past more than once. I don't think it applies to me nowadays as perhaps I'm too old now.

5. Did you ever do anything in public with your friends as a teenager that you would never do today? Tell me about that.

I pretty much do what I want to do anyways. So there's nothing that I've done as a teenager that I wouldn't feel emabrassed about doing today. Although I wish I had hair nowadays so that I could grow it out some. Going bald sucks.

6. If you were to go to an island for three months, what five "luxury items" would you bring and why?

Gee, if you're only going to an island for 3 months, who the hell needs luxury items? The idea of going to an island in my opinion would be to get away from luxury items, right? I mean the only items I'd bring would be essential survival items like matches, fishing tackle for catching fish, materials for shelter that sort of thing. But I don't think that counts as a "luxury" item. Besides, I'd probably be one of the first voted off the island in a 'Survivor' type scenario anyway.

7. If you would have had a choice, in which time period would you have like to have lived? Why?

I'd have loved to have lived in the 20s in Paris. Either that or I would have loved to have lived in during the peak period of the Maya in the Yucatan peninsula. Of course, that's kind of a difficult question because all we really know about other time periods is what historians or others have written about and that's a very subjective lens to be looking through. Fact remains is that we are who we are and when we are and that is now. All we ever have is right here and right now.

BONUS: Where do you dare me to draw the line?

Draw the line wherever the hell you want. I don't believe in limitations.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home