Saturday, February 01, 2003

RIP, Columbia

Hell of a thing to wake up to on a Saturday morning. Felt like deja vu when I turned on the news. I remember 17 years ago when I saw everyone gathered round the tv in the Union building at the univeristy I was attending. The challenger blew up on takeoff. It was stunning then and now. Like a lot of kids, I was fascinated by space exploration. I gobbled up science fiction books and movies. I really hope people don't start talking about cutting funding for Nasa. I believe Nasa needs *more* funding and better technology. I can't believe after 40 years since the space age began that the best humans can do is to still send people into space aboard what is essentially a huge bomb.

Not much else more to say I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home