Saturday, March 29, 2003

Back in Amerika

You'd think it'd be easier returning than leaving but not so. It's been awhile since I've driven across the border to Canada and back again. The Canadian border guards were quite friendly and welcoming when I entered their fair country. Returning to Amerika felt like crossing into the former East Germany. Huge barricades set up and armed soldiers everywhere. The border guards incredibly sour faced and rude. The first time ever I've been asked "to see your papers please". Quite disconcerting.

So back in the so called Land of the Free of sirens blasting and police cars everywhere. Back to the land of censored news media and constant propaganda. Is this what things have become?

Don't believe me? Try it yourself. Drive up to Canada in your car, stay a few days and return. You'll see what I mean.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home