Sunday, March 30, 2003

Ignorance is NOT bliss!

You'll notice on the right hand side of my blog is a counter courtesy of the website Iraq Body Count which attempts to give an accurate estimate of the civilian casualties incurred as a result of the US invasion of Iraq. I've placed it there to raise awareness of the issue and to show that contrary to what is being reported on the US corporate media, hundreds of innocent lives are being destroyed by "our troops." You know, the troops that I'm supposed to support now that this nation is at war.

My support right now is with civilians such as Salam Pax whose journal is listed in my blogroll. He is an ordinary iraqi citizen who's been attempting to blog events as they've unfolded in Baghdad. I and others I'm sure, are hoping that he is well and hopefully will give us an update on things soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home